Effective date: 02/09/18
Dance Resource Center (“DRC,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for a DRC account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number). This information allows us to help you or others be “found” on the DRC website.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post or submit through the Service.
- Communications between you and DRC.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use
localstored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers may automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. This information allows for more accurate reporting and allows us to improve the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by DRC.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content. Some features of the Service may not function properly if the use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other’s APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and potentially searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- present our Service and its contents to you;
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing;
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- develop and test new products and features;
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; and/or
- diagnose or fix technology problems.
- SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that DRC is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service and such Service Providers will be subject to certain confidentiality obligations.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily post to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
- If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of DRC or our assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution or liquidation), your information such as name and email address, User Content and any other information collected through the Service may be among the items sold or transferred. You will continue to own your User Content.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which DRC, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- DRC, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including your personal information, across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including your personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, DRC cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to DRC or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- We ask that you please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and DRC, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. You may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service and technical and security notices).
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, DRC, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain your information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
DRC does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
- HOW TO CONTACT US
Effective date: 02/09/18
1. You must be at least 13 years of age to use our website, and any software provided on or in connection with DRC services (collectively, the “Service”).
2. You may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photos or other content via the Service.
3. You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and you agree you will not sell, transfer, license or assign your account, username, or any rights you have in and to your account. With the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients, DRC prohibits the creation of and you agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent that all information you provide or have provided to DRC upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
4. You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other Service users.
5. You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
6. You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Service, including, without limitation, your or any other person’s credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses.
7. You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules
8. You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials (collectively, “Content”) that you submit, post or display on or via the Service.
9. You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify, adapt or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or DRC.
10. You must not create or submit unwanted email, comments, likes or other forms of commercial or harassing communications (a/k/a “spam”) to any Service users.
11. You must not interfere or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any Service page is rendered or displayed in a user’s browser or device.
12. You must not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
1. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service or your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you. You can deactivate your Service account at any time. If we terminate your access to the Service or you deactivate your account, your Content, information, photos, comments, and all other data may no longer be accessible through your account (e.g., users will not be able to navigate to your username and view your information), but those materials and data may persist and appear within the Service (e.g., if your Content has been reshared by others).
4. We reserve the right to refuse access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
5. We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username for any reason.
7. You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. You agree that DRC is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. DRC reserves the
8. There may be links from the Service, or from communications you receive from the
9. We prohibit crawling, scraping, caching or otherwise accessing any content on the Service via automated means, including but not limited to, user profiles, Content, and photos (except as may be the result of standard search engine protocols or technologies used by a search engine with DRC’s express consent).
3. The Service contains content owned or licensed by DRC (“DRC Content”). DRC Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and, as between you and DRC, DRC owns and retains all rights in the DRC Content and the Service. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the DRC Content and you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise transfer or exploit the DRC Content.
4. The DRC name and logo are trademarks of DRC, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of DRC which can be withheld in DRC’s sole and absolute discretion. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of DRC, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from DRC which can be withheld in DRC’s sole and absolute discretion.
5. Although it is DRC’s intention for the Service to be available as much as possible, there will be occasions when the Service may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. Also, DRC reserves the right to remove any Content from the Service for any reason, without prior notice. Content removed from the Service may continue to be stored by DRC, including, without limitation, in order to comply with certain legal obligations, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, DRC encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, DRC is not a backup service and you agree that you will not rely on the Service for the purposes of Content backup or storage. DRC will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any Content. You also acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of Content or other information may not be secure.
REPORTING COPYRIGHT AND OTHER IP VIOLATIONS
1. We respect other people’s rights, and we expect you to do the same.
2. If you believe someone is infringing your copyright, you can report it to us by email. You can also contact our designated agent at email@example.com. If you contact our designated agent, please be sure to include a complete copyright claim in your report.
3. DRC cannot adjudicate disputes between third parties, and so we would not be in a position to act on trademark reports that require an in-depth trademark analysis or a real-world dispute outside of DRC. In these situations, rather than contacting DRC, you may want to reach out directly to the party that you believe is infringing your rights, or seek any resolution in court or by other judicial means. If you’re sure you want to report content on the Service that you believe infringes your trademark, you can do so by email.
4. If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
The Service includes a directory that, among other things, sets forth background, contact, and/or event information for certain persons and/or entities (“Directory Member” or “Directory Members”) to allow you the opportunity to find contact information for these Directory Members.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DRC CONTENT, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, NEITHER DRC NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, MANAGERS, OFFICERS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “DRC PARTIES”) MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE DRC CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; OR (D) SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION TO DRC OR VIA THE SERVICE. IN ADDITION, THE DRC PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
THE DRC PARTIES DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SERVICE AVAILABLE IS FREE FROM ANY HARMFUL COMPONENTS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, VIRUSES. THE DRC PARTIES DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING ANY INSTRUCTIONS) ON THE SERVICE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR USEFUL. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE DRC PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS LAWFUL IN ANY PARTICULAR JURISDICTION, AND THE DRC PARTIES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM SUCH WARRANTIES.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE LAWFUL IN EVERY JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
THE DRC PARTIES DO NOT ENDORSE CONTENT AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM ANY CONTENT.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; WAIVER
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE DRC PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES) THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE DRC CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; (D) YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE; (E) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY THE DRC PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTY’S USE OF THE SERVICE; (F) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERS; (G) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE SERVICE’S OPERATION; OR (H) ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER’S COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IF THE DRC PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, OR THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF THE SERVICE). IN NO EVENT WILL THE DRC PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL THE DRC PARTIES TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OR ACTION EXCEED [AMOUNT, E.G., “ONE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($100.00)”].
YOU AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES THAT ARISE OUT OF DRC’S ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING ANY EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEBSITE, SERVICE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE DRC PARTIES, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEBSITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE DRC PARTIES.
BY ACCESSING THE SERVICE, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
DRC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE
You may opt out of this agreement to arbitrate. If you do so, neither you nor DRC can require the other to participate in an arbitration proceeding. To opt out, you must notify DRC in writing within 30 days of the date that you first became subject to this arbitration provision. You must use this address to opt out:
3520 Overland Avenue, Suite A61
Los Angeles, CA 90034
You must include your name and residence address, the email address you use for your DRC account, and a clear statement that you want to opt out of this arbitration agreement.
If the prohibition against class actions and other claims brought on behalf of third parties contained above
TIME LIMITATION ON CLAIMS
You agree that any claim you may have arising out of or related to your relationship with DRC or the Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim arose; otherwise, your claim is permanently barred.
GOVERNING LAW & VENUE
DRC reserves the right to change this dispute resolution provision, but any such changes will not apply to disputes arising before the effective date of such changes. This dispute resolution provision will survive the termination of any and all of your transactions with DRC.
SEVERABILITY & NO WAIVER
The information provided within the Service is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject DRC to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Service or any portion of the Service, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program, product, service or other feature that DRC provides.